Monday, September 21, 2009

back on the horse

After a couple of days that found me falling into old patterns, I had a better one today. The biggest boost was a very productive and positive lesson with S. (before which I, thankfully, remembered how crucial it is for me to say a very specific and grounding prayer - and did so before leaving the car).

It also helped to have my computer fixed once again, so all my physical surroundings and technological trappings are set to rights again.

The next goal on the horizon: an audition trip to Cleveland and Indianapolis next month. These are the result of insistence on my part, and some ballsy phone calls asking for help. Remembering that gives me courage to see it all through.

My courtship with Opera Santa Barbara continues...I am in consideration, but still needing to wear perfume on our dates (I should stop before this analogy gets out of hand). Tomorrow I "coach" with their music director (it's really another audition, like everything is), repertoire they have in mind for me, before recording it and sending it to her colleague in Chicago - the wooing continues.

More important than any of the above, I will be a much nicer person for C. to be around this evening. This is progress, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment