Thursday, September 24, 2009

caught up in the trees

Today, I am overwhelmed before I begin. While I prefer to consolidate the many aspects of my life when I can (for instance, one day I'm just a Singer, while on another day I'm a Church Musician, etc) - today encompasses it all.....

An audition, followed by lunch with my very narrow and difficult grandmother, followed by the onslaught that is a full day of church choir rehearsals, beginning with the youngest kids at 3pm and ending with the adults at 9pm. I am pretty sure I'm giving a voice lesson somewhere in there, too.

Not to complain - I'd rather be employed, than otherwise. It's just difficult to see the forest, much less my dreams beyond the forest, today.

1 comment:

  1. i don't think an artist ever becomes a "whore" until they are well off and STILL do things just for the money, even if they don't believe in what they're doing at all. until an artist can do whatever they want financially, anything goes!

    ReplyDelete