Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fight or Flight

I haven't been this scattered in a long time. I think I've officially reached my maximum capacity for stress and tedium.... I'm finding it really hard to keep my mind from drifting to places I'd rather be: on a raft in Lake Tahoe, jogging along the water in Portsmouth RI, riding my bike around Yountville, Carmel, even our old childhood swingset.

It's the combination of the schedule crammed with nothing I enjoy, plus worries about how to arrange my life around Santa Barbara - and being prepared enough that it's a good experience when I get there. There's nothing I can do but work and wait.

Now that the floors are 90% done and I can start to see the end of the household "to do" list drawing near - while I thought I'd be just enjoying having a beautiful living space by now, I'm just too tired to care.

I have a feeling my whole perspective is about to change for the better, in a few weeks. In the meantime, if only they wouldn't drag by!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment