Wednesday, March 3, 2010

gaaaaaaaaah

Even after 3-5 hours in an office environment, it's amazing how my whole being seems to "dumb down".
Once I leave, it seems to take a tremendous amount of effort to wake up and become a person again.
I had to really fight to keep my irritation hidden today. The tasks I'm given are menial, stupid, and boring enough - but the HR/office manager is a micro-manager with very awkward interpersonal skills... every time she stops at my desk, she starts with "so..." - and inevitably, this means a criticism is coming. Today, I apparently stacked boxes incorrectly, used the wrong printer, and used the wrong tray to display the morning danishes.
She is the "Hey, Peter, what's happenin'" of this office. It's insane that people accept that this is life.

In the meantime, I did some more singing yesterday, and continue to fight fear when it comes to cadenzas that involve E and above. I discovered, though, that when I go to the "Elixir" place (meaning, there was this moment in a particular scene when, encouraged by Bobby and Andy, I dropped to my knees and discovered a wildly easy and huge E-flat) - I was able to sustain my F# both in that position, and while jogging in place.

As I told D. today, since the F# occurs at the end of the aria, before her suicide: perhaps I can just ask the stage director if Ophelie can take a running leap into the river?

No comments:

Post a Comment