Sunday, May 2, 2010

the final lap

A week from today, I will be blissfully heading home.

Fresno behind us, we have a busy week: an audition, recital, masterclass, recording session, exit interview, brunch with the board, and - I'm sure - more surprises, in store.

It will be a full week, yet I am beginning to set my sights on what's ahead - the West Coast audition looms near, and listening to that will be several people I've encountered here. And it is becoming very clear that everyone is aware of Lucia, and aware of where I'm singing it.

So it's really time to step up my game, get rested and centered the best I can this week, even under these circumstances. I'm sure my young colleagues will give me a bad time for not staying up late with them, but that's the way it goes. Too much at stake for me here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment