Thursday, April 1, 2010

a better day

Because of the way the rehearsal schedule has been laid out, Kristin (roommate) and I had been feeling really isolated from the rest of the group, not having had much interaction with everyone else.
Especially myself - I have been assigned two big scenes that don't involve anyone else onstage - so I suppose it makes sense that they will stage them later.
So, when someone suggested a beer after rehearsal last night, we jumped at the chance. It did us all good, broke the ice, and dispelled some tension. I can't say I got much more sleep last night, but woke up feeling much sunnier about this whole thing. It comes as no surprise that everyone has been feeling the same way about things.... I think we are all wondering what it all means, but are determined to make a good impression.
The competitive vibe is still very much present amongst the women, but as one of the oldest of them, I am relieved not to feel compelled to get sucked into it. I wish the 25-year-olds would just relax and concentrate on doing their jobs well.
All I can be is kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment