Tuesday, December 1, 2009

a little windblown

The few days spent down in southern CA, eating all kinds of naughtiness and basically lazing around, were truly good for this often spinning mind. I'd like to say I took a complete vacation from singing career worries, but it wouldn't be true.

Damn the anonymous singers' forum.... it has caused me more grief while waiting for audition results. I avoid it because of past hurts. Any singer, anywhere in the world, can get on and post a query or comment, probably not realizing the torment it causes me in my little corner. I was still allowing myself to feel the glow of how well the Houston audition seemed to go - and a bit relaxed, given that HGO still had two more audition cities to get through before the holiday, and we were told they won't finish notifying everyone about the semi-finals until December 18.

But there is always some anxiety - and in a moment of weakness, I checked the "audition" section of the forum, and an anonymous poster had announced HGO had started sending out The Emails - the day before Thanksgiving.

I suppose there's a chance that a delayed response doesn't necessarily mean I'm out. Look at OSB - they contacted me the day after the notification deadline. Still, I want validation that my audition truly was as good as it felt. I want them to have wanted me so much that there was no deliberation, no question - and in that case, an immediate response. The delay just feels bad.

In the meantime, I fly to NY for trip #1 this weekend, for an audition that makes sense on many levels....but I'm a little distracted this week; the Holiday Frenzy is starting to make itself felt. D. is away in Mississippi for 10 days, and I feel a little stranded.
Stranded or not, B. is in town today, so I need to gather myself pretty efficiently for that coaching this morning. There is no room for distraction with him, he insists on 100%, A-lane, my very best, all the time. There is love in his delivery, but it is thickly disguised. Truth be told, there's probably nothing I need more, in preparation for the NY barrage.


No comments:

Post a Comment