Tuesday, December 22, 2009

love demonstrated in many forms

I suppose that, in a way, I did the "march in" yesterday. It didn't feel very good at all.

In my fantasies about doing so, I was only focusing on how bad I tend to feel after a rehearsal with the adult choir - but forgot that the person to whom I owe so much, the person to whom I answer, the person who (as was confirmed for me yesterday) relies on me, and cherishes me, a great deal. The good news is that I will have the ideal arrangement and am free to move forward - but I left feeling rather guilty.

I call him The Boss, but he is, and was long before now, Friend. I know that everything will work itself out, and 10 years from now no one will remember Easter 2010 or that I was gone. But he and I will remember this time of renewal and acknowledgement of a very significant friendship. What better time for such things, than Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment