Monday, December 14, 2009

the promise

State of things:

- I look back on the fall audition season and acknowledge the score: 7 auditions, 2 positive responses (though one of those positives wasn't from an audition at all). For a soprano - a coloratura at that, I suppose those numbers are pretty great.

- From the above, my mind spins out two threads:

1. First, the Positive: a constant self-reminder that I have two very exciting projects ahead of me, and while they feel very far away at the moment, I can at least do something every day to work toward preparing myself. It's going to be a beautiful spring and summer.

2. The Negative: disappointment over the singing career I wish I had, and the tendency to get bogged down in the drudgery of work, bills and how to pay them, car maintenance, schedule conflicts, diet pitfalls, rain.

From here on out, I make this decision: I will no longer dwell on the Negative. I've written it down, I've acknowledged its presence, but leave it here forever.

If I am to move forward in the intended spirit of this Tunnel Year, it's only positive thinking from here on out.

Self, that is a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment