Friday, January 8, 2010

I think the florescent lighting is getting to me

Today was another long one, yet I continue to marvel at my high energy level sans caffeine. If my body is trying to tell me not to eat meat ever again, I am listening!

Loud/smiley guy was on his phone next door to me again. Everyone he talks to must be named "buddy" or "chief". He swears like a sailor, tells dirty jokes, and said some derogatory things about gays and Mormons. This is someone who lives in "the real world" and probably makes a lot of money. Football and golf seem to be his pastimes. I actually heard him, quite seriously, use the phrase "I got game". I thought people like him only existed in commercials.
Still, my brain rather enjoys the monotony of stapling, stuffing envelopes, filing, mailing, lather, rinse, repeat. It's a perfectly suitable way for me to earn a little extra money right now.
But boredom does strike, usually a couple hours into the morning. I start mocking the names on tax returns, just to amuse myself. Today I came across a couple whose names are Gerald and Beryl. Seriously - Gerald and Beryl. Like, do their friends call them Jerry & Berry?

It's come to this.

After a mid-day break of running and yoga, I taught some piano lessons and picked up some veggie Thai takeout (C. is at a choral conference).

Am I still a singer? But of course. It's just that I'm finding it hard to figure out when I'm going to practice, amidst everything else. That was the missing activity this week - excused by the head cold, for now.

I'm going to have to get used to early evening practicing. Or perhaps at SI after rehearsals? I'm really in for a challenging few months - a true test of stamina and focus.... which is a reminder to be grateful that I'm figuring out how to take care of myself, physically. There is just no room for eating badly or missing workouts. I've got to stay on ....... "my game?"

No comments:

Post a Comment