Thursday, January 28, 2010

an unexpected break

The best Thursday possible: a funeral, and various activities surrounding it, made it impossible to have choir rehearsals today OR tonight. Shucks! I guess I just have to cancel and have a day at home to do what I want to do....

I just spent two glorious hours working on Lucia. I can't get over how good it feels to sing. Perhaps my amazed relief and comfort is heightened by the fact that a year ago (my last opera - in my last appearance with a shitty company, I must add), I was trying my best to survive The Tales of Hoffmann. Those three roles never were a good fit, from the start...when someone asks me how singing all three soprano parts went, and the best thing I can say is "it worked", that's pretty sad.

On the contrary, Lucia feels like Adina, but juicier in character, and more nuanced, musically-speaking.


OSB sent our scene assignments. Looks like I am a featured member of the young artist program, with two big aria/scenes to learn - Juliette's Waltz, as well as Ophelie's Mad Scene.

I'm so excited!!!!

And worried about learning my music in time.

But mostly, excited!!!!

Posting images of the Shakespearean maidens I will play....


No comments:

Post a Comment