Wednesday, January 6, 2010

validation

Day 6 of being a veggie - and actually, Day 3 of being a vegan (which is ideal, but probably too hard for me to follow, realistically)....... I cannot believe how much energy I have. I seem to have kicked caffeine, overnight. I think I will keep caffeine as an emergency-only indulgence, but for now, with my current schedule, there's no reason to keep pumping it into my system.

Also, PMS has yet to show up. Could this be the miracle I've been hoping for??

More floor progress - this time, the dining room.

I've been listening to Ophelie's mad scene, sung by the incomparable Natalie Dessay.... I figure, if I'm going to learn a French coloratura piece, she's the MAN. Woman. Whatever. I'll translate it tonight, and perhaps see about renting the Branagh version of Hamlet this weekend. I suppose I could read the play, but I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to glean every nuance from a cold Shakespeare reading - it's been a while since I was a college freshman.

I started the temp job at the accounting firm today. This was my first experience in an office environment. While I am grateful for the extra cash, the mindless repetition, the cut-and-dry, black-and-white nature of it that I never have to take home with me - it is amazing how so many people spend so much of their lives in florescent lighting, engaging in shallow conversation, and using a small percentage of their intellectual capabilities. I suppose the CPA's are doing real work in their offices, but the walls are very thin; I was filing and piling in a room next door to one of the partners, who gabbed on the phone, loudly I might add, for the entire 4 hours I spent there. There seemed to be very little substance in these apparently important business calls.

In the end, I am so very glad that my life is about art, and not about....well....nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world! Another week and your soul will be extracted directly out of your ass. Most likely during an office meeting about the proper use of office supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahaha..... PLEASE tell me that's an exaggeration. Please.

    ReplyDelete