Thursday, January 14, 2010

spent some time as a singer

Yesterday was a much better day - I found 40 minutes to practice. It wasn't much, but it was still progress. I then got to accompany at the school, and being around teenagers always puts me in a better mood. They're like puppies - you have to smile at their energy and open-hearted natures. True, they often seem to be getting their signals from outer space, but that's what makes them fun for me.

My observation, as I slowly make it through one pitch-and-rhythm reading of each score - both Ophelie and Lucia are about gymnastics, true, but mostly about staying in balance. I absolutely cannot push or give too much voice in any one tessitura, or the whole thing is off. It will be good practice for me, to remember to just sing pitches without adding sauce to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment