Wednesday, January 20, 2010

musings on Rhapsody in Blue

Post-yoga, the world feels much kinder. It's amazing how militant I have to be about getting my exercise time in - but so worth it when I'm in that moment, once a day. From the time my running shoes hit the pavement to the final "Namaste" of the day's yoga video, I am just me, without deadlines, without caring what time it is, without worry.

Today, while driving, I heard "Rhapsody in Blue" on KDFC. Thanks to Disney's Fantasia (2000), I can't hear it without welling up.

Part 1


What do YOU see in the ice skaters? Every time I've seen it since it first came out, I have seen a very black-and-white picture of myself as an opera singer. It's interesting how the picture has grown, taken shape, filled in with some colors, and expanded. I now see a very different picture - a more gestalt one that encompasses all my values and dreams.

This video has such hidden and profound meanings - the very fact that one person's decision to follow a dream instigates all life around him to do the same. This is life.

I will work very hard to maintain this attitude as I go into "high school" tonight with all the usual suspects.....

No comments:

Post a Comment