Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010: a wild ride

So far, so good, regarding the elimination of meat/dairy. I feel lighter, have more energy, and my skin is clearing up. It's Day 19 for me, so it may be too soon to determine whether or not this alleviates my usual 10 days of horror.

In the meantime, I cancelled a local gig last night, so that C. and I could fly straight home to get ourselves back into the swing of things before IT all starts tomorrow. Laundry's done, groceries bought, today we put the Xmas stuff away and try to rest a little. These three months will be a challenge, as I start this new job tomorrow (a little nervous, not because it matters, but because I'm conscientious and veering into unknown territory - an office! Eek!). It is REALLY going to be a challenge each day to be disciplined about learning Ophelie and Lucia amidst everything else I'm trying to accomplish before March 29. Then again, I tend to get more done when I'm busier.

I had an unexpected sadness last night; The Boss called to tell me he's retiring at the end of June. He wanted me to hear it from him, before he announces it this morning at masses. I am so very sad and shocked - although he is 72 years old and I should have seen it coming.

Because of my internal shifts, but also due to outside ones - 2010 will be a year of tremendous changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment