Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Just keep swimming...."

Still waiting for the fog to clear, so that I may see the road ahead more clearly.

One of today's projects is to record some songs from South Pacific (yes, really!) and dash off the mp3's to an artistic director.

There's really no point in analyzing the "why" of any of it right now, I'm just putting one foot in front of the other.
Too many possibilities for this coming spring and year, too many potential conflicts.
Depending on what transpires over the next few weeks, I could either:

A. go on living life in the Bay Area, working at St. Stephen, SI, and the opera chorus, and juggling the solo gigs I already have confirmed, constantly apologizing to people as I work out conflicts (in other words, the usual shenanigans)

B. Start the new year down South, come back in time to sing for a brief but lovely weekend in La Jolla, then dash off to Utah for 9-10 weeks, returning in time to start rehearsals for next fall's Abduction.
Which means that I'd have no choice but to put in my notice at the church, and move, full-kilt into the life of a working singer.
Not to mention the fact that the gigs themselves may conflict with each other, which is a whole 'nother thing.

But as of today, I just don't know what's going to happen. Which is really bizarre, while I'm making the year's calendar for the Junior choir and planning their schedule through June.

Swimming, swimming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment