Saturday, October 31, 2009

tested in fire

In an e-tussle over *money* with a coach. These kinds of issues make my stomach just burn with the upset, even when I know I'm in the right. I have validation from other objective parties, but am still in a state of waiting for the situation to resolve.

Now I will glance at my Blackberry every 5 minutes in fear, dreading that little red flashing light that indicates the possibility that another volley has come in.

Especially in this business, there is a such thing as being right, but blacklisted. This has happened with a few people in my singing life, and it's always unfortunate and distressing. As a conscientious "pleaser", it's so hard for me to stand my ground without letting it totally depress me.

I suppose I should feel grateful for these lessons. How else will I ever learn to deal with these matters and protect myself? As C. reminded me this morning: if I am really about to "climb the ladder", the choices and compromises will only get more difficult and complicated...

No comments:

Post a Comment